Policies & Terms
•What to do before the cleaners arrive:
1) Please pick up personal items such as toys and clothes and put away in all living areas to be cleaned.
2) If you are having your linens changed on your beds, please make sure that you lay out the linens on each bed. If linens are not out we are unable to change them. Any soiled linens that are left on the bed will be placed on top to the washing machine.
3) If you have products of your own that you would like us to use, please place them on the counter top in the kitchen.
4) Please place new garbage bags on the counter in the kitchen if you are having your garbage taken out.
5) Please make sure that you have left payment on the kitchen counter in a sealed envelope and write “L & L Cleaning Services” on the outside of the envelope.
•What time will we arrive to clean?
We begin at 8:00 a.m. and finish our last house before 5:00 p.m. We can only give a time span of arrival since the house prior to you may require additional services. If you are scheduled on a non-preferred day we will make every effort possible to move you to your preferred slot once it becomes available.
What You Need to Know
If you need to cancel or reschedule your cleaning service, please provide at least 24 hours’ notice for all cancelled appointments. If cancellations are made less than 24 hours’ of your scheduled cleaning day there is a $25 charge which is due at your next cleaning. Once we take a reservation, we hold that time slot open for you and turn away other potential clients in order to ensure your time frame. If we arrive at your home on your scheduled cleaning day and we have not been contacted by you to reschedule your cleaning, there will be a $35 trip charge which is due at your next cleaning. Our office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00-5:30.
If you or anyone in your family should be ill with a contagious illness, we would greatly appreciate you making arrangements with us to reschedule your cleaning until after you are well. We service all types of families, elderly and families with infants and small children. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
ALL PAYMENTS ARE DUE AT THE TIME OF SERVICE. Cash or checks are accepted (NSF fee $65). Payment should be left in a sealed envelope on the kitchen counter. A late fee of $25 will apply if payment is not received on the day of cleaning.
SATISFACTION OF CLEANING
Since cleaning is a very personalized and subjective service, we cannot offer refunds to clients. However, we want you to be 100% satisfied, that’s why we offer a 24-hour guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with your cleaning service for any reason, please contact us within 24 hours of your cleaning and we will schedule a time to return to re-clean the area/areas you are dissatisfied with at no additional cost to you. If more than 24 hours has passed, we will note the area/areas to be monitored the next scheduled cleaning.
The ideal cleaning situation is when no one is home. Since this is not always possible, please eliminate as many distractions as possible so our Tech can work uninterrupted. Try to schedule your cleaning on a day when there will be fewer people at home. Please secure pets and keep children in another area as we are working with equipment and products that may not be safe for children.
We love them! But please secure any pet that may be a threat. Also, we do not clean up after sick pets or pet accidents.
Through our Cleaning for a Reason Foundation, we offer free house cleanings for women undergoing treatment for cancer. www.cleaningforareason.org
Receive Discounts when you refer us! We love referrals and appreciate it when you tell friends and neighbors about our service. You will receive money-saving discounts for every referral you send us that becomes a client. Thank you for your confidence in us!
It's bound to happen. We hate it when it does and we do our best to prevent it! The following is critical communication regarding our breakage policies:
1) Sometimes breakage occurs when there are "booby traps". Those are accidents waiting to happen (pictures not hung securely, top heavy items with unstable bases, wobbly, tippy objects). Each incident is reviewed on a case by case basis. We can not take responsibility for "booby traps". Please remove unstable breakables to a place where we do not clean (we do not clean inside curios, china cabinets, or clean wet bar shelves).
2) We will pay up to $50 per breakage item, when value is verifiable. Please move expensive figurines or glassware to a location we do not clean, or have us skip that area completely if you do not want to accept the risk.
If you require extra services or additional cleaning on your scheduled cleaning day, please contact us at least 48 hours in advance so we may allow the extra time needed at your home and we can give you a quote for the extra or additional services.
We reserve the right to raise our rates at any time. You will be given advance notice of any price increase.
Thank you for your business and for any new potential client, we appreciated you taking the time to read the information about our business and services. We look forward to serving your cleaning needs for many years to come.